Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 6, 2010

11 Weeks, 2 Days

We have made it to our 11th weeks. Just 2 more to go in the 1st trimester. Things are going pretty good. I am still nauseous and my face is broken out pretty badly. My memory has gotten bad too. Things I would normally remember, I can't remember for the life of me. It's really weird. I'm having trouble fitting into my clothes. I always thought it would be exciting to watch your body change when you are pregnant but I realized this week, it's actually kinda hard. I guess the best way to describe it is great but weird.

Now about baby Cashew....The baby is just over 2 inches long now and weighs about 1/3 of an ounce. The body is straightening out and the torso is lengthening. Hair follicles are forming and fingernails and toenails are beginning to develop. The finger and toes are no longer webbed and the hands and feet are now in front of the body. The ears are nearly in their final shape and location. There are open nasal passages on the tip of the nose, a tongue and palate in the mouth.

It's really crazy everything that happens each week. Just so everyone knows, I get the information on what is happening with the baby out of my "What to Expect When You are Expecting" book. It's really exciting keeping up with the growth from week to week. Also, our next doctor's appointment is on June 22nd. Hopefully we will hear the heart beat at that appointment but who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment